FAVOURITE EMMERDALE CHARACTERS OVER THE YEARS

I've wanted to do this post for so long but never thought I would publish but tonight I am FINALLY getting around to it. I've watched Emmerdale since 2000 when one evening caught my Grandma had it on when I was around hers and ever since I have enjoyed watching it every night. The amount of favourite characters I have had over the years has been fabulous but my TOP 9 haven't changed since last year - which surprises me a lot.

Kelly Windsor was played by Adele Silva.

Kelly Windsor for me was one of the first characters I ever loved watching and there was something about Adele Silva for me that was so inspiring. With Kelly returning on and off, a few times her stint between 2005 - 2007 was when she was making Dawn Ward and Zoe Tate's lives hell to protect her brother, Scott. during this stint, Kelly also seduced Jimmy King which leads nicely to my favourite stint back when Kelly returned in November 2010 this return for me was wonderful because we saw this very different side to her and the scenes Kelly and Jimmy had are still to date some of my favourites because of their son, Elliott being bought in.

Yes, Kelly had a feisty side but she also had this very vulnerable side in my opinion!
Kelly is also one character - I can't wait to hopefully see a return from one day.

Aaron Dingle (Livesy) is played by Danny Miller.

I have always been a fan of Aaron but his been through so much I honestly don't know how much more than can throw at him but what I do know is, is that what an incredible actor Danny Miller is!!
With Aaron and Robert's first kiss on 4th December, 2014 to the affair storyline, then to be the Sexual Abuse storyline back in 2016 Aaron's had such a rollercoaster of a ride! But Danny's return as Aaron was during the heist involving Donna Windsor and Ross Barton. Aaron's had so many storylines which of all Danny has been incredible in with his relationship with Robert, His role in Katie's death, self-harming, revealing that he was abused by his own father which led him to be reunited with his sister, Liv and going to prison.

Aaron's Sexual Abuse Storyline for me was so breath-taking, so incredibly beautiful (acted, written, directed, put together by everyone) plus all the emotions were there which was so incredibly important when doing a storyline like this.

But Robert and Aaron's wedding in February 2017 was one of my favourite moments but the whole situation which followed were very hard to watch but it was made up for this year with the reunion. But I do love how much he is supporting Liv during her time in prison at the moment.

Danny - you are an incredible actor with an incredibly bright feature ahead! I have nothing but praise for you!

Carly Hope was played by Gemma Atkinson.

When I first heard Gemma was joining Emmerdale I was very sceptical about her joining another soap as I loved her in Hollyoaks as Lisa Hunter. But my god what character Carly was for Gemma and showed me such a different side of Gemma's acting!
When Carly entered the village on her wedding day I was like oh she's an interesting character walking into the village like that. But I loved that Bob reached back out to his daughter.
That moment when Carly told Marlon about her son dying 4 previous from SIDS - I was heart broken because you could see and feel the emotion that they were feeling when they delivered that scene.

I absolutely adored Carly and April scenes before she left but Carly leaving I was genuinely shocked about because she was a character I hoped would be there for a few more years.

Tracy Shankley is played by Amy Walsh.

Tracy was introduced to Emmer in July 2014 after she was speaking to Sam on a hotline, I wasn't 100% liking the character but after a few episodes I rather enjoyed watching her because she was a character who wasn't afraid to say what she thinks!
It wasn't long before Tracy was up to no good with stealing money from Sam before see finds her sleeping rough before Tracy intends to leave again she is found by Val who offers her a job at the B&B but the thing that grounded her was her relationship and marriage to David Metcalfe in 2016. With Tracy recent storyline featuring Phil and the whole police project - I was rather weary about it! Because deep down Tracy always will be such a vulnerable character.

Liv Flaherty is played by Isobel Steele.

Liv's entrance on to our screens on 25th February, 2016 during Aaron going with Robert to find his sister. But Liv's first appearance was when she asked Aaron for bus money when Aaron and Robert were sat going! This scene was just wonderful and I love how they explored Aaron's family with Aaron then ending up knocking on her door and that's where Sandra introduced Aaron to Liv as her half-brother. Emmerdale introducing Aaron's little sister was wonderful because this bought her to the forefront of what was such a emotional storyline and Isobel's first major storyline as Liv which has also allowed Isobel to go from strength to strength.

I love that Liv arrived in the village for a while before everything kicked off but I am so happy that she is living with Aaron and Robert along with Seb at The Mill. But sadly at the moment she is in prison for what she did to Lisa and struggling to cope with her Alcoholism - please to god hurry up and open up to Aaron all he wants to do is help you!

Isobel is smashing all of her storylines at the moment and I am so proud of her! Bring on the awards for this incredible young lady!

Robert Sugden is played by Ryan Hawley.

I can't lie and say I was a fan of Robert before he got with Aaron but the moment they kissed for the first time back on 4th December, 2014, I remember feeling emotional because of the few scenes we had before with Robert being so determined to get the man he wanted 'Aaron' but not knowing how to express it.
The way Robert supported Aaron through his Sexual Abuse was just wonderful and I love that they allowed a character like Robert to express this - it showed as the audience a very different side to his relationship with Aaron.
But Robert and Aaron's wedding last year was one of my favourite moments but the whole situation which followed were very hard to watch but it was made up for this year with the reunion. But I do love how much he is supporting Aaron and Liv at the moment.

I still can't believe that Robert killed Katie.

Donna Windsor was played by Verity Rushworth.

Donna was a character that it could be a while to like but when I did it was revealed that she was going to be terminally ill. Donna's relationship with her daughter April and her relationship with Marlon over the years was just lovely to watch.
Donna returning to Emmerdale was fabulous and I was thrilled about but knowing that she was about to commit suicide after jumping of a multi-storey car park. I was an emotional wreck during these scenes I remember watching her death with several box of tissues.

Katie Sugden was played by Sammy Winward.

I was heartbroken watching Katie's final episode because she was the first character I remember being hooked by. I especially loved the Andy and Katie era.
When it was announced that Katie was going to be killed I was broken hearted because I just knew it was going to be heart breaking to watch and my god was it with Robert pushing her and she went through the barn's flooring to the one below.

Tricia Dingle was played by Sheree Murphy.

This one is only small because I don't remember a lot about her but Tricia was one of the first character scenes I 100% remember because of the helicopter that crashed into The Woolpack. But I also did love Tricia and Marlon's relationship!
Tricia was the daughter of Steph Forsythe and Grand-daughter of Alan Turner.

Other characters I loved are Maisie Wylde, Debbie Dingle, Mia Macey, Nell Fairfax, Charity Dingle, Vanessa Woodfield and Pete Barton.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY