INTERVIEW WITH SOUTHERN HALO ON THEIR DEBUT ALBUM, JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES

I am very excited to be bringing you this interview with one of my favourite trio's Southern Halo who are made up of three sisters - Natalia, Hannah and Christina Morris.
Southern Halo brought out their debut album out last Friday (27.4.18) called Just Like In The Movies.

You can read my review here.

Hey girls. Thank you for agreeing this interview with me again. I can't believe I am interviewing you on your debut album, I am super proud of you!
How excited are you for everyone to hear Just Like In The Movies?
Natalia: I am so excited for everyone to hear it! We have worked so hard on this new project of ours, and have been waiting to share it with everyone since the day the songs were written! 
Christina: So ecstatic! There is so much negativity in the world right now, so we hope to spread some positivity with this new album of ours. 
Hannah: I cannot wait for everyone to hear it!

Could you please tell us a little bit about the songs?
Natalia: Of course! Each song on the new record is perfectly written for each scene to a movie my sisters and I wrote out based on a dream that I had. The entire album is the soundtrack for this movie we wrote (hence “Just Like In The Movies”)! 
Christina: No one song on the album is more important than the other, as they each have their own inspirations and stories that are very relatable and special to us. 
Hannah: The songs on the upcoming album are all so much fun. They are full of harmony, fun melodies, and overall really relatable stories. Natalia wrote ten of the fourteen, so singing these new originals together just feels so honest and pure. 
PS I think too much is definitely my favourite, it's so relatable!

And Natalia, what was it like to write or co-write all the songs on the album?
The writing process for “Just Like In The Movies” was so exciting because we had just purchased a little home in Nashville right about the time we were preparing for the next album. I was meeting a lot of cool songwriters and making a lot of new friends, so the
inspirations for working on the next project felt so right and so fun. I wrote/co-wrote 10 out of the 14 songs on the album, and my sisters and I are very honored to have the remaining four songs to be written by some of country music’s best songwriters.

What was the recording process like?
The recording process was so surreal! I had only played the new originals over and over just on my acoustic guitar with the girls singing along with the harmonies. When it was time to take the songs to the studio, I literally cried the entire time. They were brought to life so beautifully, and it was all thanks to the greatest session musicians that worked with us at Benchmark Sound. I was very nervous at first because I had in my head exactly how I wanted each song to sound, and the session guys just read my mind so perfectly and made it happen!

What can fans expect from the album?

All of our fans can expect a bigger album with 14 new original tracks this time, and a really cool twist! Since the album was written as a soundtrack to this dream that I had, the girls and I wrote out a script of my dream and titled it “Just Like In The Movies.” We hope to have 14 music videos by the end of the year connecting each song on the album together just like a movie! How exciting! We have always been obsessed with the idea of a concept album, so we are very excited to hear what everyone thinks of it.

And finally girls, I have to ask have you any plans on coming to the UK?
Of course! We plan on coming back to performing at the British Country Music Awards this fall, so y'all stay updated with us as we will have further details to come!
Thank you so much for talking to me once again girls. I have loved it as always!


You can follow Southern Halo on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

DINGLE DRAMA COMING UP IN THE DALES OF EMMERDALE

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES