INTERVIEW WITH LIV AUSTEN

This is one interview I am very thankful to have got the opportunity to have. Liv Austen is a Norwegian born singer-songwriter and actress. Her music is something else and everyone should be checking her out after you've read this interview.

Photo Credit: Lui River

Could I ask you to introduce yourself to our readers?
My name is Liv Austen, I am a singer and songwriter from East London - I moved to the UK from Norway 7 years ago and have been releasing my music here and performing for the last 3 years!

Your new single 'The Next Time' could you tell us what it's about?
The Next Time is essentially about breaking up with a friend, or removing yourself from a person who doesn't treat you well, a situation that's bad for you. When someone has used up their second chances with you, it can be liberating to tell them that they've run out of "next times". That's what the message of the song is!
  
The lyrics and melody are amazing. I am intrigued to know how look did it take you to write the song?
Thank you so much! I wrote this song with my dear friend Jessica Sharman, and we finished it the day we had the idea. We probably spent about 5 hours on it, maybe a little less!

Are there any plans for an album/ tour next year?
I am currently working on my album and it looks like it will be ready to come out next year, hopefully not too far in to the 2018. We will definitely do a tour at some point after the album is out - it's all a question of how my schedule looks and what other shows we are doing! 

A personal favourite of mine is your song, Don't Regret A Single One, I have to tell you that that songs helped me so much as I am so very thankful.
That is absolutely fantastic to hear, thank you so much for saying that. I am glad the song has helped you, as a songwriter I couldn't ask for more! You will be happy to hear that I am releasing that song as a single in January; we are doing a brand new version of it!

I can't let you go without asking you at C2C, what was it like to perform at such a popular event?
It was pretty terrifying. Great fun when I was on stage, but really scary as well. I was such a new artist when I got that slot as well, and I really hope I get to come back and play it again soon, because I feel a lot more prepared to do it now, I have grown so much as an artist. But it is a memory I will always hold dear.

Thank you so much for your time, Liv.
Thank you for your lovely questions!

Follow Liv on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY